The German had a bunch of records in his name till the time Lewis Hamilton came along.
He led the Italian team to five consecutive World Championships making the outfit unbeatable.
Schumacher – Statistics and Records
Schumacher’s career spanned for almost 20 years during which he had earned 155 podiums and scored a whopping 1566 points. He also scored 77 fastest laps and 68 pole positions.
During his career, the German won seven World Championships (1994, 1994, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004).
In 2021, Michael Schumacher’s net worth is estimated to be $800 million making him one of the richest motorsport personalities out there.
When he returned to Formula 1, his salary was an estimated 30 million pounds per year.
Additionally, he is also had career earnings of over $1 billion.
Endorsements and sponsorships
Schumacher has been associated with Shell, Marlboro, and Vodafone among others.
He was also sponsored by Deutsche Vermögensberatung, Mercedes Benz, CS Ranch, and Mick Schumacher.
However, he had a skiing accident back in 2013 due to which his family had to sell some of his assets.
Even during the time when he was not racing, he earned an estimated $50 million just from sponsorships. For instance, Shell paid him $10 million a year just to wear their hat during his public appearances.
Estimated earnings per year
- Annual Salary with Mercedes According to Sports Illustrated 2013 – $19,600,000
- Annual Salary with Mercedes According to Forbes 2012 – $30,000,000
- Annual Salary with Mercedes According to Forbes 2011 – $34,000,000
- Annual Salary with Mercedes 2010 – $34,530,000
- Annual Salary According to Forbes 2006 – $80,000,000
- Various Sponsorships 2013 – $10,000,000
- Endorsements with Mercedes 2010 – $14,800,000
- Deutsche Vermögensberatung endorsement for having a 10×8 cm advertisement on his post-race cap for 3 years (1999) – $8,000,000
- 4 Year Formula 1 Contract with Ferrari (1996) – $124,000,000
Charity work by Schumacher
Michael Schumacher had also started the Keep Fighting Foundation which is run by his family. The organisation aims to develop social, cultural, and public health projects.
Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Formula 1 Popular Post:
Lewis Hamilton Net Worth | Max Verstappen Net Worth | Lando Norris Net Worth | Sebastian Vettel Net Worth | Claire Williams Net Worth | Nico Rosberg Net Worth | Sergio Perez Net Worth | Romain Grosjean Net Worth | Toto Wolff Net Worth | Hamilton Net Worth | Fernando Alonso Net Worth | Frank Williams Net Worth | Niki Lauda Net Worth | Michael Latifi Net Worth | Kimi Raikkonen Net Worth Ron Dennis Net Worth | Martin Brundle Net Worth | Angela Cullen Net Worth